This is not a piece on Bahrain’s current political situation: this topic has been discussed and blogged about by several people already  . But for those that have decided NOT to watch the Bahrain GP on the 22nd of April 2012, for whatever reason, here are some suggestions of how else to kill your time.
1o) Test Drive a Golf Cabriolet
9) Watch a Premier League Football match: Liverpool v West Brom, perhaps
8) Go to a Red Bull Aftershow Party in Glasgow
7) Celebrate St George’s Day at the St Georges Day Gala
6) Mark Shakespeare’s birthday by going to one of these events
3) Watch 0ther motorsports events: such as Britcar Championships, FIM Superbike World Championship, FIA GT1 World Championship, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, FIM Motocross World Championship MX1+MX2 (via http://www.racedates.com)
2) Monte-Carlo Rolex Masters Final: where Murray, Nadal, Djokovic or Federer will be playing incredible tennis
1) My top recommendation is to watch the London Marathon: UK’s greatest sporting event, taking in the best sights in London and celebrating selfless acts by amazing human-beings. Most of them are raising money for several charities and having a lot of fun (while repressing a lot of pain!). Keep an eye out for @phoenixF1 raising money for @Oxfam, and you can donate to this charity via his @VMGiving page here.
I will be doing one or more of these things on this list on Sunday 22nd April. Normal service and F1-viewing will resume in time for SpanishGP at the F1 Tweet-up event.